This video of John Cleese discussing the structure of being creative is pure gold!
Watch/Listen to the talk in its entirety, below are some highlights.
- Have a place where you will be uninterupted
- Set aside specific time [~90 minutes every week] after that go back to regularly scheduled programming. make sure there is start and stop time otherwise it is not play.
- Maximize pondering time by making decisions when they are due, not right away; most creative people often stay with a problem longer
- Have confidence to fail; there are no wrong ideas.
- Make sure humor is involved = its a quick way to go from close mode to open mode
- Keep going back to problem a solution will appear
- You are more creative when you can bounce ideas off of other people [make sure they are people you like and trust & be sure not to negate their ideas; always be positive]
- Bonus japanese business tip re: company meetings - Let junior ppl speak first so they are not intimidated to provide ideas different from veterans
This was a pleasure to watch! Thanks for taking notes, Michael!
21 Notes/ Hide
- tlvx likes this
- musicinfluence likes this
- stepa reblogged this from bustr
- jocelynstone reblogged this from bustr and added:
- caraslog reblogged this from bustr
- hallways likes this
- williac reblogged this from msg and added:
- stephenlovell likes this
- bustr reblogged this from msg and added:
- trinibird likes this
- youmeandmyapi reblogged this from msg and added:
- youmeandmyapi likes this
- stylman likes this
- thenextweb likes this
- whatstheretosmileabout likes this
- kenyatta likes this
- bustr likes this
- williac likes this
- buzz likes this
- clayman reblogged this from msg
- msg posted this